All Programs have been Cancelled until further notice.
What materials can be obtained through interlibrary loan?
- These include books that are NOT available through the Onalaska Public Library. Audio-video materials are loaned on a case by case basis and are subject to the discretion of the lending library. A $3.00 mailing fee applies for each item when it is borrowed.
Who is eligible to use the ILL service?
- Anyone with a valid library card and is in good standing for at least 90 days can use this service. All patrons are required to provide current personal contact information.
Where can I find interlibrary loan request forms?
- Patrons may ask the Library Director to request an item. We do not have forms to complete.
How long does it take to get a book?
- Search times on books can vary from several days to several weeks, depending on how rare the book is and if a nearby library has a copy of the book.
How long can I keep a book?
- Borrowing times are set by the lending library and loan times vary.
Can I recheck an ILL book?
- Renewals are given at the discretion of the lending library. They are not automatic. You must submit a request for a renewal at least five business days before the book is due. To request a renewal, call the Library Director.
What materials are available through interlibrary loan?
- Fiction books
- Series Titles
- Non-fiction books
- Children's books
- Hard to find books
- Current best sellers
What information is needed to request an item?
- Either the author or the title must be known. Other helpful information includes a description of the subject or similar words. Please indicate whether it is fiction or non-fiction. If the book has an editor, include it in place of the author.