According to the guidance set forth by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services
[Museums and libraries may operate up to 25% of the total listed occupancy, and must close any components of the museum or library that have interactive functions or exhibits, including child play areas.]
- These are the changes that are taking place worth noting:
- Summer Reading has been canceled for 2020. Children are not allowed in the building at this time. As changes to safety are updated, we will reevaluate procedures.
- Please consider wearing a mask and remaining 6 feet from other persons if you choose to come into the library.
- We are limiting occupancy to 3 patrons at a time in the building. You must call to make an appointment. Please do not knock on the door.
- Our hours are limited to 8 am until 10 am, and 1 pm until 3 pm only until further notice.
Our library provides four computers for the local community to use during the day. Our local internet provider recently upgraded the library from copper to fiber optic cable. Fiber optics has made our internet service more reliable.
We offer Basic computer classes once a week to members of the community where we cover such topics as cybersecurity and beginning email. Computer usage ends 15 minutes before closing. The library also has free wireless Internet access for active patrons in good standing who want to use their own devices.
Copy, Fax, Scan, and Print
The library offers copy, fax, scan and print services at a cost of $1 for the first page and 25¢ for each additional page. This price includes the sales taxes and is effective April 1, 2020.